The Scotch Plains Baptist Church was organized August 5, 1747, and has an unbroken record of worship and service from that date. Twenty-three pastors have served the church with an average tenure of over ten years. A commendable record.
Five churches have been sponsored by this church, all between 1762 and 1788, the first of which was the First Baptist Church of New York.
God has wonderfully provided for this congregation and blessed it with gifted men and women leaders driven to spread the Gospel.